Monday, June 1, 2009

Dam to Dam Race

Matt and I ran in the Dam to Dam race on May 30th from the Saylorville Dam to the downtown Des Moines Dam. We got on buses from Downtown Des Moines to the start line at 5:30 am. The race started at 7:00. It was a good experience. People cheered along the way, there were bands, and they even handed out champagne at the last mile. Matt "trained" for the race Wednesday and Thursday before the race. As I was nearing the end I heard an ambulance and I was seriously worried it was for him. We both finished! I felt okay until I neared the end. After it was over we were both in so much pain. I said it was worse than being in labor. We hope to try it again next year and maybe train a little more.



Ashley Maher-Widen, 27*, Windsor Heights, IA Chip time - 2:06:41 Gun time- 2:10:42 pace - 10:12

Matthew Widen, 27, Windsor Heights, IA 2:23:14 2:27:15 11:31


My parents brought the kids down to meet us after the race. We hoped to sign Davin and Sophia up for a 400 yd dash, but didn't get around in time. There were SO many people there. They had free food, music, drinks, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment